Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Stars Win In Montreal 6-3

What a night yesterday! Most of you know I live in Montreal and yesterday I spent the night at the good old Bell Center to watch my team beat my home town team 6-3 with a friend and my dad. It was a great experience, it was the first time I saw the Stars play live since 2009 when they came to Montreal during the season. It's also my third time seeing the Stars live, so when I found out the Stars were coming to Montreal for an exhibition game September I jumped on the opportunity and was lucky enough to get tickets from a friend.

Stars and Habs During The National Anthem

I had greats seats that night right near the Habs net. I was wearing my Stars home jersey and had a Dallas flag with me whenever we would score. I didn't have to wait too long before I had to wave my flag, just 3 minutes and 14 seconds in, Morrow was able to poke in the puck that was laying in the crease behind Carey Price to make it 1-0 for the Stars. About three minutes later Pardy put the Stars on the board again on the powerplay after getting a point shot past Price. At this point I was the only one cheering for the Stars and was getting a handful of boo's from Habs fans while waving my Stars flag. A little over the 10 minute mark the former Hab Ryder gets on the board with a great move to get it past Price to give the Stars a commanding 3-0 lead early in the first.


Both team take a breather after an exploding start by Dallas.

I missed the first five minutes of the second period because I wasted most of my time in line for some Pizza. Although when I got back in my seat Stars were up 4-0, goal was scored by the best player on our team Barch haha. Then things went down hill from there, Montreal found a way to get three unanswered goals, one being from former Star Jeff Woywitka. Things weren't looking good for the Stars, not long after their was a goalie change for both team, Lawson was replacing Price while Raycroft got replaced by Stars prospect Tyler Beskorowany.


Beskorowany comes in relief after Rayroft allows three goals

At this point it was 4-3 for the Stars. Until Alex Goligoski from his own end entered the Canadiens zone, released a shot that was tipped in past Lawson by another former Canadien Mike Ribeiro to give the Stars a 5-3 lead before going into the 3rd period. Felt good to get up and wave my Stars flag after the Habs scored three unanswered goals.

Going into the third period Stars were dominating in the shots and face off department. Not much happened in the third period, Beskorowany was playing well while rookies like Vincour and Larsen were having a solid game. Other players that looked good was the whole first line with Morrow, Ribeiro and Ryder (Ryder was all over the ice throwing hits and generating great scoring chances with Ribeiro). Goligoski was another player that stood out to me.

With a little under two minutes left in the game Fraser was able to rip one passed goalie Lawson to give the Stars a 6-3 victory over the Montreal Canadiens.

Stars celebrate a 6-3 victory over the Canadiens

Overall I enjoyed it very much, it felt great when I was one of the few standing up and waving my flag when the Stars would get on the board. Whenever I get a chance to see my team play live it will always be a great experience that i'll remember for a long time! I still remember watching my first ever live Stars game in Montreal in 2001 with Eddie in nets winning 4-1!

Most memorable  moments in the game :

- The small tribute they had for the players who passed away during the off-season and seeing Skrastins in the video, it broke my heart. I could only imagine how the Stars players felt seeing Karlis in the tribute.

- Seeing Schultz and Wathier fight. My first ever live fight I experience, it was a great one too.

- Being one of the only fans standing up and waving my Stars flag when the Stars would score and getting boo'ed left and right. Proud to be a Stars fan!

- My favorite .... Seeing Ribeiro come out on the ice after being announced the first star mocking Montreal! Luckily I got a couple of pictures of him doing so!

Love having him on my team!

Here are a few more pictures I took from the game, enjoy and thanks for reading! Stars come back to Montreal on February for a regular season game! Can't wait for that!!!










MB

No comments:

Post a Comment